My lovely followers

Friday 25 October 2013

Put your best foot forward.....

Hi everyone,
I've had a little experiment with altering a shoe,
It's taken me two days, on & off,
at one point I was wishing I hadn't started it,
but I got there in the end & i'm quite pleased with the result.

I would like to enter this project into the following challenge.
http://craftyhandsdevon.blogspot.co.uk/ (52) 7/11
http://blog.docerelashop.com/ (19) 31/10  #48
http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.co.uk/ (37)

 
I started with a plain black shoe.
 
I removed some pages from an old book,
then tore them into small pieces & began sticking them onto the shoe.

 
 Once it was covered I let it dry, then stained it with distress inks,
I then glued braiding round the top of the shoe,
 
Front of the shoe before I applied braiding. 
 
I then decorated it with flowers, these were also stained,
I decided to add a cog, to give it a Steampunk look. 
 
Back view, with matching flower & cog. 
 
The finished shoe.
I hope you like it.
 
 Items used.
Black shoe.
Pages from an old book.
Braiding & Flowers from my stash.
Tim Holtz distress inks.
 
Thank you so much for visiting my blog,
I look forward to reading your comments.
Lots of love,
Sylvia X
 
 
 


36 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea Sylvia, love the colours and adding the cog is fabulous with the flowers.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute, I do so love Halloween! Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Sylvia, I love this Shoe, stunning project, hun, love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetie, it took quite a while to alter, but I enjoyed doing it xxx Love & (hugs)

      Delete
  4. Wow...Sylvia. what a lovely finish. You have tempted me to try it. Hugs, Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sweetie, don't forget to mention where you saw it xxx :-)

      Delete
  5. A really great idea Sylvia. This turned out beautifully.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. it'looks fantastic Sylvia beautiful done.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very clever project and so worth the hassle you had with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are brilliant! Love the embellishments xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning Sylvia.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Sylvia...I love it
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous idea, love the Autumn/Halloween colours.

    Sylv xx
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shoe looks absolutely fabulous Sylvia, have you done the other one too and what size are they, you could sell them,
    Hugs
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sweetie & thanks for the vote of confidence xxx

      Delete
  13. WOW, I love it Sylvia, what a great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fab creation. I love how the cog just fits in with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous - well worth the hassle - trust you will be sporting this at a glitzy dinner and dance over the festive season!!
    Might have a go at this myself!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worth it, i'm pleased with the result, thanks for your comment sweetie xxx

      Delete
  16. WOW!!! Great ideia.
    Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations
    DT Member Ana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great altered shoe! Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Shoe! Congratulations!
    Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations!
    DT Member Sara (Bee)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous, I have always fancied trying this and you have done a fabulous job.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our very first challenge at CraftyHands Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xx (CraftyHands DT)

    ReplyDelete